Kira Kira Blue

Jumaat, 4 November 2011

Short Wig

I've been wearing this short wig since yesterday. 
My real hair is actually almost neck length long, so I have to wear a hair net in order to neatly hide them underneath this wig.
I am wearing wig whenever I feel lazy to style up my real hair or whenever I want a "different" hairstyle.
This wig is one of my favorite wigs in my collection. I actually bought this like 5 years ago, back in Year 2006, from a wig shop ( which I forgot the name at the moment) in Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur. Because I occasionally wear this one, it lasts until today.
The price is RM130.00 and RM10.00 for the hair net.
It is made from a synthetic fiber. It looks almost like a real human hair and feels like a human hair too, very soft to touch.
The color is dark auburn.
It is very easy to clean this wig. I use regular shampoo and let it naturally air dry. One of my friends that own some wigs too rinses her wig with a fabric softener after the shampoo, but I've never done that myself.
To comb and style it, I use a steel comb which is specifically made for wig. The person at the wig shop told me that we can't use any ordinary plastic comb to style the wig because it will cause an electrostatic to the wig and might ruin it.


Some people at my workplace actually thought that I have cut my hair short and compliment on my "new hair do". Haha!
This is how it looks from the back.





This is how the wig looks like from the both sides.



And from the front :D





Wig is very nice and cool if you want an instant change to your look.

However, there are some downsides about wearing wig. Let say your scalp is suddenly feeling itchy, like very itchy, there is nothing you can do about it. All you can do just bear with it. Haha! You can't scratch it or your wig might moves.
Adjusting the wig on your head so you can get the best alignment can be a hassle too, especially for someone like me with a big head.
You also might wanna be careful with the hairline level. Way too low hairline gives a scream saying "HEY! I'M WEARING WIG!"

There was one time when a really embarrassing situation happened to me. I was actually wearing this wig. I was in the train on the way to work. Suddenly I feel itchy on my scalp, so my fingers automatically started to scratch it. Yes, I was totally forgotten that I was wearing a wig. I was like, "Oh shoot! I have a wig on!"  On the split seconds I can feel my wig start to move. I usually don't bother to tighten up the adjustable strap on the back of the wig cap because I don't like it to be too tight.
I didn't even bother to look at the people around me because I heard some giggles. When I reached my workplace, I straight away went to the restroom. In the mirror, I saw my wig is slightly tilted to the left. :-P

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan